Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Things #22 Nings

Do you know what a ning is? Neither did I, but I bet you do and you just don't know it. Nings are social networking sites, similar to myspace or facebook. They allow users of similar interest to get together discuss, share ideas, and mingle. It's funny Teacher Lingo is a ning. I love teacher lingo. I actually found out about the library2play challenge from someone's post on TL, yet the last part of the challenge brings me back to TL. Funny how that works!! I think social networks are great!! Why wouldn't you want to group yourself with others who have common interests. I love talking to teachers and getting tips and ideas for my future classroom. I think it's great!! We can all learn from each other. We can also support each other - who better to understand what you are going through than another teacher. I really don't see downsides to them. Nings ROCK!!

No comments: