Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing#9 More RSS Feeds

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?

  • Right now, I'm very interested in teacher blogs - and specifically about teaching. Honestly the best method for me to find new blogs is by finding a great blog and looking at their blog roll. I also found teacher lingo, which is just a community of other teachers. So for right now, this seems to be the best method. If I'm looking for something in particular then I think that I will use search sites.
Which Search tool was the easiest for you?
  • I have to say Google Blog Search, it truly was the least confusing to me. Plus I'm used to Google.

Which was more confusing?
  • I would say syndic8, it was very confusing to me. It was way too busy.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
  • I found some great feed on education technology. This is the field I think I want to go for my masters, so I'm excited that I found a few blogs dedicated to it. I also found some more teacher blogs that I look forward to exploring.

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?
  • Not news feeds but rss feeds, Teacher lingo - it's a great community of teachers and their blogs. I love that allows people who already have a blog to still join the community.

I'm still learning RSS feeds, I don't want to overwhelm myself with sorting through news as well. I will adjust this as I get used to just reading the blogs in this setup.

No comments: