Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #6 Mashups


WOW!! Who knew all of this stuff was out there!! Too much fun!

So a few of my favorites:
musuemr - you can take an image and make it look like people are at the museum looking at it. This would be great for a bulletin board, maybe student of the week. Also could be used for colleagues or someone retiring. Would make a cute send off card!

Mappr - Allows you to put pictures on a map. There are so many things you can do with this one. Maybe a geography project and the students put images of famous sites on the map. Or maybe it's a travel map where the kids can show places they've been.

Trading Card Maker - Wouldn't this be a cool tool for kids to use during an autobiography project or a author study. They have to create a trading card with the author and let everyone know about them in a trading card.

I'm truly enjoying this adventure. I apologize for all of the post being in the same night, but the deadline is a few days from now and I want to finish before then. I just wish I had found this program before tonight :)

2 comments:

Betty said...

I love reading your blog. I recently put my vacation pictures on Flickr but haven't figured out how to make the mosaic. Musuemr sounds like fun. I'm going to see if it works for me. Isn't technology great?

Mrs. Estupinan said...

Betty thank you so much - I'm glad you like. I love writing in it!! Sometimes it's hard to just write one entry a day. Have you figured out the mosaic yet? I really had fun with the musemr, there are so many cool things you can do with that one. Check out my Post Thing#10, I found a ton of cool tools - you might have some fun with those.